Start Smart for Your Baby®
Start Smart for Your Baby® (Start Smart) is our special program for women who are pregnant. We want to help you take care of yourself and your child through this whole process. Our Start Smart staff can answer questions if you are having a problem. We can even arrange for a home visit if needed.
We care about the health of you and your baby. We want to make sure you both grow healthy and stay healthy. You should go to your Primary Care Provider (PCP) as soon as you find out that you are pregnant. It is important to take your baby to the PCP after your baby is born. Your baby will need shots and health screenings.
Will you be pregnant this flu season? Healthcare Providers recommend that you get a flu shot. Being pregnant increases your risk of getting very sick from the flu. Stay healthy during your pregnancy. Get vaccinated.
Studies show that the flu shot is safe for pregnant women.
Pregnancy Information and Guides
- Safe Sleep Training (PDF)
- Elective Delivery of Your Baby Health Sheet (PDF)
- Miscarriage Health Sheet (PDF)
- Breast Feeding your Baby Health Sheet (PDF)
- Alcohol Use & Pregnancy Health Sheet (PDF)
- Newborn Journey (PDF)
- Pregnancy Journey (PDF)
- Your Recovery (PDF)
- RSV (PDF)
- Smart Steps (PDF)
- Pregnancy Guide (PDF)
- Pregnancy Guide (Spanish) (PDF)
- Your Pregnancy Booklet (PDF)
- Domestic Violence during Pregnancy (PDF)
- Five Tips for New Moms
- Marijuana Pregnancy Information (PDF)
Approved Date: March 26, 2012
Approval Code: HSHP012