Being taken from home and placed in care and custody is a hard and stressful experience for any child. For some children, emotional, behavioral or developmental problems can happen. Kids are kids, and sometimes it is hard to recognize a real behavioral problem from typical behavior.
Help might be needed if your child:
- Can’t cope with daily life
- Feels very sad, stressed or worried
- Is not sleeping or eating well
- Wants to hurt themselves or others or has thoughts about hurting themselves
- Is troubled by strange thoughts (such as hearing voices)
- Drinks or uses substances more than usual
- Has a history of trauma
We can help.
Show Me Healthy Kids offers behavioral health services for children in care and custody and their families. We can help you or your child by answering your questions and finding the right provider. Call Show Me Healthy Kids at 1-877-236-1020
SMHK-HSH22277 - 06/30/2022