Risk Adjustment Coding Awareness
The Coding Awareness is a series of issues to help educate providers, coders and billers on how to document and report chronic conditions. Guidance contains definitions, diagnostic criteria, treatment options, and pertinent coding tips designated for each diagnosis.
- RA Issue 1: What is Risk Adjustment
- RA Issue 2: MEAT
- RA Issue 3: Bipolar Disorder
- RA Issue 4: Depression
- RA Issue 5: ADHD
- RA Issue 6: Behavioral Disorder
- RA Issue 7: Autistic Disorder
- RA Issue 8: Asthma
- RA Issue 9: Diabetes
Coding Tip Sheets
These sheets are intended to support coding and documentation education sessions with providers. More coding tip sheets are in development.
- Annual Wellness Visit (to assist with documentation of the AWV in the patient’s chart but may be applied toward sick visits)
- Top 10 Coding Tips (to assist with documentation and ensure proper coding of chronic diseases)
- Risk Adjustment Coding, HEDIS, and Documentation Tips (Presentation portrays the alignment between Quality and Risk Adjustment by focusing on tips to improve clinical documentation, HEDIS measures, and chronic condition billing & coding, once on the page - scroll to bottom for training material)
Depression & Bipolar Awareness Initiative FAQs
For the providers that were identified to participate in the Depression and Bipolar Awareness Initiative, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions. The Initiative will run between October 16, 2017 – January 31, 2018.
- Patient Health Questionnaire (PHQ-9) screener: to assist in making a depression diagnosis with corresponding severity.
- Mood Disorder Questionnaire (MDQ): provides as a good starting point for a bipolar diagnosis.
- Register for provider training: Home State Health and Envolve PeopleCare collaborated to offer clinical education webinars to our primary and behavioral health providers. The webinar will focus on the clinical background and screening tools for depression and bipolar disorder as well as promote the crucial integration between primary and behavioral health services. Sixty (60) minute webinars will be available on three (3) different dates—11/15/17, 11/16/17, or 11/17/17. For more information and to register, please visit: https://www.envolveu.com/clinical-training/missouri.html