What are the Benefits?
Health plan benefits give you access to the care you need to keep you healthy. At Home State Health, MO HealthNet Managed Care benefits cover the below.
- Pregnant women and newborns
Benefits like dental screenings allow eligible members to enjoy regular dental visits because preventive care is key to good oral health. We also offer award-winning programs like Start Smart for Your Baby®.
Learn more about the healthcare benefits our members receive:
MO HealthNet Managed Care Benefits
Nurse Advice Line
When it comes to health, it’s important to have access to the right care at the right time. The nurse advice line offers advice and assistance by phone 24 hours a day, by trained medical nurses.
Dental Health Coverage
Every parent knows that regular visits to the dentist, starting in early childhood, help maintain healthy teeth. Our eligible members benefit from receiving MO HealthNet Managed Care coverage for the kinds of regular dental services that promote and protect good oral health. This includes some orthodontic care.
Hospital and Emergency Healthcare
You need to know that in the event of a medical emergency, your healthcare insurance provider stands behind you. Home State Health members enjoy peace of mind knowing that faced with a medically necessary emergency and hospital care, they and eligible family members are covered.
From birth to adulthood, Home State Health offers eligible members a complete range of medical screening benefits. These benefits are to help keep your health and your child’s health on track. Our coverage includes the following to find and correct potential problems, such as diabetes, obesity or lead exposure, early:
- Physical exams
- Vision screenings
- Hearing screenings
- Dental screenings
Our healthcare benefits for eligible children may allow them to receive full MO HealthNet Managed Care coverage for:
- Care to help them stay healthy
- Care when they’re not feeling well
- Hospital stays
- Dental and vision care
We also cover important immunizations that help protect your child from serious illnesses.
Pregnancy and Newborn Healthcare
Quality healthcare coverage from Home State Health helps moms and babies stay healthy during and after pregnancy. Our health plan:
- Provides check-ups and other care for pregnant women
- Covers the delivery of the baby
We also provide healthcare coverage for the entire frst year of the baby’s life, for both mother and child.
Non-Emergency Medical Transportation, or NEMT, can be used when you do not have a way to get to your healthcare appointment without charge. We may use public transportation or bus tokens, vans, taxi, or even an ambulance, if necessary to get you to your healthcare appointment. Home State will give you a ride that meets your needs. You do not get to choose what kind of car or van or the company that will give you the ride. You may be able to get help with gas costs if you have a friend or a neighbor who can take you. This must be approved before your appointment.
Start Smart for Your Baby
Pregnant moms need special care for a safe delivery and a healthy baby. At Home State Health, we offer eligible members Start Smart for Your Baby. This is our award-winning program designed to help manage your pregnancy. It provides the education and support you need to keep you and your baby healthy through pregnancy and beyond.
Other Home State Health Programs
Healthy families are at the heart of what we do. Home State Health offers a wide range of programs to help you and your family stay healthy.
- The Fluvention® education program helps protect members from seasonal flu.
- Respiratory Management Programs include our clinically-based asthma management plan to help parents and caregivers treat and control this serious childhood condition.
- Obesity in children can result in lifelong health problems, including heart disease, diabetes, asthma and cancer. Our educational program stresses the importance of exercise, good eating habits and healthy weight maintenance to head off childhood obesity before it becomes an issue.
- Our High Risk Pregnancy Program helps moms with a history of premature births have a better chance of delivering healthy babies.
- Our preventive care educational materials and community outreach programs partner with national programs such as the Ronald McDonald House and the March of Dimes to give our members the information they need to get, and stay, healthy.
How do I join? Click here to find out about enrollment.
Approval Date: March 18, 2014
Approval Code: HSHP14077