QUIT SMOKING FOR GOOD!
Home State Health wants to help you break free from tobacco. Tobacco use remains the single most preventable cause of death and disease in the United States, causing more than 480,000 deaths per year. Quitting smoking can have immediate as well as long term benefits for you and your loved ones.
Quitting tobacco is hard. You may have tried to quit several times before and you couldn't do it. Don't give up! Each attempt moves you closer to success! Let us help you today!
Call the American Cancer Society (Quit for Life) 866-QUIT-4-LIFE (866-784-8454); 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for help when you need it!
REASONS TO QUIT
- Tobacco use is responsible for 1 out of every 5 deaths in the U.S.
- Smokers live 10 years less, on average, than non-smokers.
- Smokers have more health problems and visit the doctor much more than non-smokers.
- The average smoker in Missouri will spend more than $2,500 on cigarettes each year.
- That’s $130,000 over a lifespan! The High Cost of Smoking (PDF)
- There are many great reasons to quit. Ask HSH for help today.
HEALTH COACHING AVAILABLE
Home State Health has Health Coaching programs available to help you quit smoking. For Puff Free Pregnancy and Tobacco Cessation, call 1-855-694-4663 (HOME) dial extension 6075125 when prompted, to reach our Care Management Department. Rewards will be loaded on your My Health Pays card after the completion of three successful coaching calls.
SMOKING AND PREGNANCY
Are you pregnant? Do you smoke? It's not too late to quit. Quitting now can make a big difference in your baby's life. The Quit 4 Life Hotline has help for women during pregnancy. CALL 1-866-QUIT-4-LIFE (866-784-8454).
DOWNLOAD THIS GUIDE TO HELP YOU STOP SMOKING, VAPING OR CHEWING TOBACCO
- The Great American Smokeout
- Smoke Free Resources
- CDC - Quit Smoking
- Support Groups and Programs
- Tobacco Information
HSH21297 | 04/02/2021